I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. It’s been quite a year for Cupcake. Every time I photograph a wedding or work with a new family, I always head out with a certain state of mind. I always strive to learn something new. It can be anywhere from my relationship with my client, my communication skills, or my photography style. I’m a perfectionist at heart, and others who suffer from “perfectionism” can relate. I look at an image and I think, how could this photo been better? What could I have done to make this experience better for my client? It can be any thing from, composition to my direction with my bride and groom. Having a business is a learning experience. If you aren’t open to learning, you won’t be very successful. Here are 5 tips that I can pass on to you & your growing business. From my perspective.
1. Except open criticism, but don’t dwell on it. Learn from it and move on.
2. Be open to opinions, but remember, your clients hired you for a reason.
3. On that note, love your work for what it is. Be confident. Be bold.
4. If your personality doesn’t match with your client, that’s okay. There will be someone who will match your client perfectly, and other brides who are perfect for you.
5. Be yourself. You will attract the clients that you want. For example, I seem to attract very down to earth, incredibly friendly, and absolute sweet-heart brides. Why is that? Because those are the brides that I want to work with & somehow, those are exactly the type of brides that not only reach out to me, but who click with me & vice versa.
I wish you lots of success, creativity and a wonderful year!